The Skilled-Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476) is a category in Australia designed for recent engineering graduates from recognized institutions worldwide. This visa is part of Australia’s efforts to attract skilled individuals and encourage them to contribute to the country’s workforce while gaining valuable work experience. This visa allows recent engineering graduates to live, work or study in Australia for up to 18 months. You must have completed a degree or higher qualification from a specified institution within the past 2 years, and be under 31.
- Country – Australia
- Stay – Usually up to 18 months
- Cost – From AUD 465 (INR 25,588)
- With this visa, you can – Work and study
- Family Inclusion – You can include family unit members in your application when you apply.
- No job offer is required.
- When you apply, you must have completed an engineering course for which you were awarded a degree or higher qualification in the last 2 years. This could be a:
- bachelor’s degree
- masters degree
- doctoral degree
- postgraduate diploma
- This qualification must be in an engineering discipline, such as:
- civil engineering
- structural engineering
- chemical engineering
- environmental engineering
- electrical and electronics engineering
- mechanical, production and plant engineering
- mining and material engineering
- You must be under 31 years of age.
- You must not have previously been the primary holder of a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) or a Skilled–Recognised Graduate (subclass 476) visa unless you held one as a family unit member.
- You and any family members who apply for the visa with you must meet the health requirement.
- You and family members aged 16 years and over who apply for the visa with you must meet the character requirement.
- I have not had a visa cancelled or an application refused before.
- Educational institutions – You must have completed your engineering qualification at a specified educational institution. Any institution offering an Engineering qualification accredited under the Washington Accord is a specified institution. There may be exceptions to this. Check here.
The best guidance for your STUDY ABROAD DREAM
Start your journey with the best study abroad experts in India
A competent level of English proficiency is required, and applicants may need to undergo language testing unless exempt.
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
|Overall score of at least 6 with a minimum score of 5 for each of the 4 parts
|Overall, at least 169 with a minimum score of at least 154 in each of the 4 test components
|Total score of at least 64 with a minimum score of 4 for listening, 4 for reading, 14 for writing and 14 for speaking **(TOEFL iBT – only accepted if taken on or before 25 July 2023)
|Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
|Overall score of at least 50 with a minimum score of 36 for each of the 4 parts
|Occupational English Test (OET)
|At least B for each of the 4 parts
|Cambridge C1 Advanced test
|Overall at least 169 with a minimum score of at least 154 in each of the 4 test components
Benefits of the Subclass 476 Visa
- Gain Practical Experience: The visa provides an excellent opportunity for recent graduates to apply their academic knowledge in a practical, real-world setting.
- Explore Australia: Holders of the Subclass 476 visa can travel, work, and study anywhere in Australia, offering a chance to explore the diverse landscapes and cultures of the country.
- Build Professional Networks: Working in Australia provides a unique chance to build connections with professionals in the industry, enhancing future career prospects.
- Potential Pathways to Permanent Residency: The Subclass 476 visa can serve as a stepping stone to other skilled visas, providing a potential pathway to permanent residency in Australia.
Step 1 – Before you apply
Check your passport and any existing visa conditions. Organise your health exams.
Step 2 – Gather your documents
Gather documents to prove your qualification(s), English language ability, identity and relationships. You must also provide documents for your partner and any dependent children.
Step 3 – Apply for the visa
You can be inside or outside Australia when you apply for the visa. If you meet the visa grant requirements, you (and any included family members) must be outside of Australia. You must apply for this visa online.
Step 4 – After you apply
You will be informed in writing after receiving your application and documents.
Step 5 – Visa outcome
If you are granted the visa, you will be informed with –
- your visa grant number
- the date your visa starts
- your visa conditions
If your visa is refused, you will be informed why it is refused and whether you have a right to review the decision. You will not be refunded the application charge if your application is refused.
This visa is more than just a travel document; it’s a ticket to professional growth and a chance to make a mark in the vibrant engineering landscape of Australia. So, if you’re a recent engineering graduate with dreams of expanding your horizons, the Subclass 476 visa might be the key to unlocking a world of possibilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the purpose of the Subclass 476 Skilled—Recognised Graduate Visa?
The Subclass 476 visa is designed to provide recent engineering graduates from recognized institutions worldwide with an opportunity to live, work, and study in Australia for up to 18 months. It aims to attract skilled individuals and contribute to the Australian workforce by allowing graduates to gain valuable work experience.
Q. What are the key eligibility criteria for the Subclass 476 Visa?
To be eligible, applicants must have completed an engineering degree or higher qualification from a specified institution within the past two years, be under 31, and meet health and character requirements. Previous holders of specific visas may have restrictions, and English proficiency is required, with exemptions available.
Q. How can the Subclass 476 Visa contribute to professional growth?
The visa offers more than travel; it opens doors to professional growth by providing an opportunity to apply academic knowledge in a practical setting, explore diverse landscapes, build professional networks, and potentially pave the way for permanent residency in Australia.
Q. How long can you stay in Australia with this visa?
You can stay for up to 18 months. And if your visa expires, you still have a job, and your employer is happy with you, you can extend and convert your visa.
Q. Is a Job offer Necessary for a 476 Work Visa?
No. You don’t need to have a Job offer for this Visa. You can apply with your documents, degree, and if you have any experience. A job offer or offer letter is unnecessary to apply for a 476 visa.