The UK offers three major intakes for international students. The academic year commences in September, hence it is the primary intake for admission.
The majority of international students like to get themselves enrolled for the September intake in UK as top institutions in the country are open for admission and offer a range of academic programmes you choose from.
September intake in UK is a time of renewal and growth, with students from all over the world coming together to learn, collaborate, and build a better future for themselves and their communities.
As an international student, this is an excellent time for you to start planning your academic journey and take advantage of the many opportunities.
Let’s dive into the details of the top universities, admission timeline, important dates and deadlines for September intake in UK!
|Timeline for Application||January – June|
|Last Dates to Apply||June|
|Commencing date of the classes||September|
|End date of the first semester classes||December|
|Popular Courses||MS in Business Analytics, MBA in finance, Executive MBA, MSc Strategic Marketing & Customer Experience Management|
List of Universities Accepting Fall/ September Intake in UK 2023- 2024
Some of the best universities in the UK offer seats during September intake. There are various benefits, including greater availability of courses and programs, opportunities for financial aid, and chances to participate in extracurricular activities.
Let us now look at the universities in the UK that accept applications for the September intake 2023-2024:
- University of Oxford
- University of South Wales
- University of Westminster
- Coventry University
- University of Manchester
- London Metropolitan University
- Lancaster University
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Liverpool
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
Pros and Cons of Applying for Fall/September Intake in UK 2023- 2024
It is vital to select the right intake based on your own needs and requirements. Thus, you shouldn’t rush the admission process and make a list of pros and cons before making your choice.
Here’s a list for you to analyze and weigh all the crucial points before making your final decision:
- Maximum financial aid and scholarship options are available during the September intake.
- All the popular and demanding programs are available for the September intake.
- The admission timeline aligns with the academic schedule of international students around the world.
- Internship options are also easily available for students in the September intake.
- Students get enough time to shift to the UK without waiting for a semester.
- You need to apply early and submit a strong application to increase your chances of acceptance, as competition is high.
- For the September intake, tuition fees also may be higher than for other intakes, particularly if you are an international student.
- Students applying for the September intake in UK may have to pay higher accommodation costs, as this is a high-demand intake period in the UK.
- The UK has an uncertain weather during the fall and winter months. This can cause disruptions to travel plans and daily routines, especially for international students.
Timeline for Fall/September Intake in UK 2023-2024
During the September intake, universities receive a large volume of applications, so be cautious to apply as early as possible. It is ideal to start your application one year prior to the scheduled program commencement date.
The overall application process can take around 2 to 5 months to complete depending on when you start. Here is a tentative timeline that we prepared. Keep the dates in mind and plan your application process:
|April- September||Shortlist your desired universities and check the eligibility requirements and deadlines.|
|June-December||Appear for various competitive exams such as TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT, etc., if requested by the university.|
|December||Shortlist your desired and check the eligibility requirements and deadlines.|
|January- July||Prepare all the necessary documents, including transcripts, SOPs and LORs.|
|May- July||Accept your admission offer and finalize your institution.|
|July- August||Be clear about your choice. After finalising, fill out and submit your application through the university website|
As mentioned above, many universities in the UK might require you to meet english proficiency requirements like IELTS.
Are you looking for professional coaching for IELTS? If you’re finding it difficult to prepare for IELTS, we suggest you take professional coaching.
The IELTS Prep app by LeapScholar is a one-stop solution for your study abroad dream.
There are specially crafted lessons by experts accredited by IDP, British Council, and Cambridge. Join us, download our IELTS prep app and get access to the best resources!
Things to Keep in Mind for a Successful Application for Fall/September Intake in UK
Make sure you follow the admission deadlines to avoid hassles and unnecessary delays in the application process.
The largest number of seats are available for the September intake, which also means the level of competition is way high.
Here are some important things to keep in mind for a successful application for the September intake in UK:
- Applying for courses that best match your potential is a tedious task. So, start the process early.
- Make a list of all the necessary documents required in the process and collect them in time.
- Apply for all scholarships based on the profile to reduce the financial burden.
- Keep a calendar of important dates, including application deadlines, visa application deadlines, and arrival dates.
- Make sure you understand the visa application process, including the documents required, processing times, and fees.
- Plan ahead for travel and accommodation arrangements, especially if you are arriving late in the year.
September intake in UK offers many benefits for international students seeking to study at universities in the country. With a wide range of course options, funding opportunities, and support services available, it can be an excellent time to begin your studies. Make sure to follow the above guidelines and submit your application before the deadline.
Have more queries regarding September intake in UK? Consulting an expert is always beneficial in case of any doubts.
LeapScholar has over 1500 experts to help you pursue your dream education abroad. Book a free call today to learn your best options for an affordable education in the UK.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the factors to keep in mind before applying for study in the UK?
Have all test scores ready along with the required documents and finances that are sufficient to support the expenses. Make sure you apply within the deadline and be clear with the visa process.
Which is the best course to study in the UK?
Some of the popular courses to study in the UK are: Law, Management, Data Science, International Business, Architecture and Construction Management
Finance and International Business and Accounting.
What is the maximum gap acceptable to study in the UK?
Students with a study gap of not more than 2 years can apply to any university in the UK for bachelor’s and master’s degree
When to apply for September intake in UK?
Start your application process for September intake in UK a year prior. The deadline for universities accepting admissions for September intake is between January to July.
How do I obtain a visa to study in the UK?
To obtain a visa for studying in the UK, you will need to apply for a Tier 4 student visa. You can apply online through the UK government’s website, and you will need to provide documents such as proof of acceptance.
What are the different funding options available for the September intake in UK?
There are several funding options available for international students like scholarships, bursaries, and loans. You can check with the university or other organizations for funding opportunities that you may be eligible for.
How to apply for the UK September intake?
You can apply for the UK September intake through the university website manually or through an agent or representative approved by the university.