Leap's IELTS Online Preparation Course: Your Study Abroad Journey Begins Here!
Preparing for the IELTS exam can be challenging, but it is manageable with the right approach and resources. The IELTS is a widely accepted English proficiency test for study, work, and migration purposes. The exam is divided into four sections: listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
Studying abroad in foreign universities opens up many global career opportunities, and specialised course options. You can gain a global perspective, diversify your learning experience and have robust networking.
A good score in IELTS will make you eligible to universities in 140+ countries, especially in top study-abroad destinations like the USA, the UK, Canada, and Australia.
IELTS: Exam Pattern
IELTS is a standardised test that assesses non-native speakers' English language proficiency. It is widely accepted for study, employment, and migration. The exam is available in two formats: Academic and General Training.
Over 10,000 organisations, including universities, employers, and government agencies, recognise and accept the IELTS Exam.
There are four different IELTS modules -listening, reading, writing and speaking. The listening, reading, and writing sections are completed in one sitting, while the speaking section is completed on a separate day.
Listening: The total length of the listening section is 30 minutes. The section is divided into four parts and the test-takers have to answer different types of 40 questions.
Reading: The reading section consists of three texts of general interest that mostly deal with social issues or any other topic that is suitable for candidates who are about to pursue post-graduate or undergraduate programs in foreign universities. The total time allocated for this section is 60 minutes and it comprises almost 40 questions.
Writing: The writing section comprises 60 minutes and it has two tasks. In Task 1, a test-taker has to write a summary based on a graphic//table/process in about 50 words. In Task 2, the candidate has to write a descriptive essay of 250 words.
Speaking: The total time required for this section varies from 11 to 14 minutes in which candidates have to attend a face-to-face interview. The candidates are assessed on the basis of their communication skills and how they present their ideas coherently in English.
IELTS: Scoring Criteria
The four sections are scored on a scale of 0-9. The entire test lasts 2 hours and 45 minutes. The results are reported on a 9-band scale, with scores ranging from 1 (non-user) to 9 (expert user). In listening and reading the number of correct answers are converted to a raw score.
This raw score is then condensed to a band score of 1-9. The speaking and writing score criteria is subjective, the examiners assess the students based on a number of lexical sources. The test results are valid for two years. Most of the foreign universities demand an overall band score of 6.5 and an individual score of 6 in all the sections.
Why take the IELTS exams?
These days, it's imperative to have excellent communication skills because English is the first language in 55 countries.
By proving you have a strong command of the language, you can study at top universities and also pursue a career abroad!
Here are some reasons why you should consider taking the IELTS exam:
1. Test options to choose from
Depending on your objectives, you can select either IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training.
The IELTS Academic is appropriate for applications to universities for undergraduate or graduate programmes or employment with a company in an English-speaking nation.
The IELTS General Training is acceptable for employment, international travel, and immigration to an English-speaking nation.
2. Internationally recognised
Over 9,000 organisations in over 135 countries accept IELTS as proof of English language proficiency for educational, immigration, and professional purposes.
3. Excellent practice for your English language skills
By taking the IELTS test, you will use your English knowledge as if you were in a real-life situation with native English speakers.
A live conversation with an evaluator prepares you for real-life situations such as speaking to international colleagues at school, clients at work, or even during a trip abroad.
4. Accessibility and availability
IELTS is widely accessible in almost every country, unlike many other exams. As a result, it can be administered without issue at any centre of your choice.
5. Immigration and permanent residency
Government agencies use the IELTS exam as part of their application processes to grant citizenship or the right to permanent residency.
It is a dream and a lucrative opportunity for deserving and skilled individuals to settle in countries such as Canada, Germany, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
To have the best chance to get all the above benefits, make sure you prepare for the test in a well-organised manner. We have put forward some key factors you need to consider while planning your preparation strategy.
Reasons Why IELTS Online Preparation Is a Better Option
Let's consider a scenario, you are travelling daily to your IELTS coaching centre for training classes. After coming home you hardly have time for self-study. Isn't this a time-consuming procedure?
What if you get access to an online preparation program from the comfort of your home? Here are some exclusive benefits of IELTS Online Preparation programs and how they will impact your IELTS score:
- If you enrol to an online IELTS program, you will get access to all study materials, classes, evaluation, and practice materials. You get a one-stop solution to help you frame your training program according to your convenience. The IELTS online classes offer you numerous time slots to choose from.
- You can study at your own pace. You can review a video and see the recorded classes multiple times till you finally understand a particular topic. The online IELTS classes provide dynamic content with attractive images, animations, and movie clips, helping the students with information retention.
- You can participate in the IELTS online course without leaving your house. For offline IELTS programs, you are using a lot of resources which eventually add to your cost. In online training, you can learn from the comfort of your home, all you need is a phone and laptop with an internet connection. Therefore IELTS online classes are both cost-effective and time-saving for test-takers.
- You have 24*7 guidance from the teachers. Therefore the IELTS online course tutors will continuously observe and amplify your performance with unique techniques that will make you score well in the IELTS examination.
- IELTS Mock tests are an integral part of the IELTS online classes. You will only get an idea of the test if you take a mock test. The IELTS preparation course will help you understand the exam pattern, strengths, and weaknesses and make you exam ready.
- Many students do not get a clear understanding in group sessions. IELTS online classes offer one-on-one interactions with lecturers and IELTS practice tests, making them more engaging and fruitful. The constructive criticism and the doubt-clearing sessions in the IELTS preparation course will help you improve daily.
What are Leap's IELTS Online Preparation Courses?
LeapScholar's IELTS Online Preparation Courses are designed to make preparation effective and easy. These IELTS online classes are designed and taught by India's top IELTS trainers through live online classes, including 100+ mock tests, speaking and writing evaluations, and study materials with 500+ practice questions to make your IELTS online course simple and time-saving and give you the best IELTS coaching experience.
The IELTS online preparation program offers you an IELTS preparation course completion certificate. Book your demo session today and score high with the best IELTS coaching by Leap's experts.
Additionally, you can follow the below-mentioned strategies to make your IELTS online preparation effective:
- Take IELTS practice tests. This will give you a good idea of the types of questions you will encounter on the exam and help you identify areas where you need to improve. Our IELTS programs offer you 100+ mock tests that can help you achieve the desired score.
- Improve your vocabulary with the IELTS courses. The IELTS tutors examine your ability to understand and use a wide range of English words and phrases, so it's essential to have a strong vocabulary.
- To score well in the writing and speaking sections, you must have a good grasp of English grammar. Our IELTS Speaking practice online programs can improve your grammar by training you with grammar rules and offering you feedback and evaluation from an experienced IELTS trainer.
- A certified IELTS examiner conducts the speaking section, so it's essential to get used to speaking with a native English speaker. Our IELTS programs provide you with speaking experts who will be your speaking partner throughout to help you improve your communication skills.
- Read English-language books, newspapers and watch English movies on. Additionally, take advantage of any opportunity to communicate in English. By attending our IELTS programs you will get opportunities to interact with trainers and other students on a regular basis.
- Find enjoyable ways to practise and adopt the learning-by-play philosophy. The more you practise your English skills in IELTS online preparation, the better you will become at it.
Benefits of LeapScholar's IELTS Online Courses
LeapScholar's IELTS Online Courses are a series of free live IELTS online classes designed to help you score high with IELTS Online Preparation. The IELTS programs cover all four sections of IELTS and are taught by India's leading IELTS educators.
IELTS online preparation requires hard work and dedication. By understanding the test format, taking practice tests and getting expert guidance in our IELTS online preparation program you can increase your chances of scoring well on the IELTS.
Here are some exclusive benefits of our IELTS online preparation courses- IELTS Select and Elite, that will help you get a 7+ band score in IELTS
1. Lifetime access to IELTS online preparation class recordings.
2. Live classes make instructor and student communication better.
3. Be a part of IELTS aspirants pan India community.
4. Access to study materials, IELTS mock test online and practice questions to ensure a 7+ band score.
Contrary to popular belief, studying for the IELTS exam is not easy. The appropriate amount of time and effort is required to achieve the desired exam result. And our IELTS Speaking practice online programs can help you achieve all you manifest.
A three to six-month period is ideal for many students. Let us guide you from the beginning itself with our exclusive IELTS online preparation courses and counselling services.
Remember to set realistic goals, stay motivated, and seek help when you need it.