It is no secret that many MBA colleges in the UK are notable for their excellence. Their outstanding curriculum prepares students for a highly competitive world of business. The degree of MBA from a UK university is sure to put you ahead of many others for a high paying job. It is no doubt that in foreign countries, priority is given to practical learning and that is what an MBA from a UK university is going to prepare you for.
Why should you study in the UK for an MBA?
- The criteria for enrolling in MBA colleges in the UK are quite flexible that is why thousands of Indians opt for higher education in the country. Over 20000 students have enrolled in MBA colleges in the UK in the last year alone.
- UK colleges rank in the top 10 of Financial Times’s top tier business schools.
- On 11 September 2019, the UK Government announced the creation of a new immigration route which will enable international students to remain in the UK for two years after they have completed their studies. This way, you get to work in an international market full of opportunities which are great for your CV.
- It is no secret that MBA colleges in the UK are notable for their excellence. The UK education system is far advanced, in terms of technology. For example, unlike the traditional notes keeping system in India, the students are given online notes. Use of projectors, educational software, etc. is more common in the UK education system.
- In UK universities, students are given projects requiring intensive research that helps in skill management that companies look for in candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Colleges in the UK
You must fulfil the following requirements to apply for MBA colleges in the UK:
- Academic prerequisites: You must have a completed undergraduate degree with at least 50-60% score. Several universities may require a higher score as well.
- Personal Essay: You need to write a personal essay with reasons for applying for the MBA program. Include your career goals and prior experience you’ve had working with teams.
- Language proficiency test scores: You must provide a 6.5 or higher IELTS score; or a 95 or higher score in TOEFL.
- GMAT score: Most MBA colleges in the UK require your GMAT score. Check the university websites for the requirement and the eligibility score.
- Prior Work Experience: MBA colleges in the UK prefer candidates with prior work experience of at least 2-3 years. This is to ensure that the classroom discussions maintain professional decorum. Students can share valuable insights and help each other.
- An updated resume or CV: You must have a professional resume or CV enlisting your achievements, educational and professional background, and skills.
- Letter of recommendation: Make sure to acquire 1 or more letters of recommendation from your supervisors or employers.
- Proof of Financial support: You must provide proof that you can support yourself during your education period. You must have sufficient funds to pay for your education and your livelihood.
Job Opportunities in the UK After MBA
The UK is a leading country in respect to economic growth, with London ranking among the top financial capitals worldwide. The job market is booming for candidates especially with an MBA in Finance and Economics. The UK job market is actively hiring managers who can handle a challenging role. If you have a good work ethic then the companies are looking for you. The MBA graduates from UK universities have the highest paying jobs according to Glassdoor and Financial Times.
It doesn’t matter if you plan for a job or a business after your degree, the knowledge and expertise that you will get from the UK university will prepare you in an all-round way.
That is why we have compiled a list of the top 10 MBA colleges in the UK that will shape you in all perspective.
Top 10 MBA Colleges in the UK for Indian Students:
This is no surprise that the world-renowned University of Oxford is among the top-ranking MBA Colleges in the UK. The integrated courses provide a wide range of curriculum to enhance the knowledge base of the students, along with effective skill development. The entire curriculum of the MBA course from the University of Oxford can be found on their website and brochure.
Fees: INR 67.1 lacs
Eligibility: A minimum IELTS score of 7.5 is required. GRE is also accepted
Cambridge University ranks second among the top MBA colleges in the UK. It is a popular choice among Indian students because of the personal attention they provide to each candidate. Cambridge University takes the responsibility of each student very seriously, thus providing a more wholesome college experience.
Fees: INR 62.3 lacs
Eligibility: A minimum IELTS score of 7.5 is required. GRE is also accepted.
London Business School
More commonly referred to as LBS, this university certainly etched its position among the top MBA colleges in the UK. Their programs are targeted to help students embrace leadership roles and climb the corporate ladder with ease.
Fees: INR 36.5 lacs
Eligibility: A minimum IELTS score of 7 is required. GMAT is also accepted
Warwick is ranked among the top 5 MBA colleges in the UK with a fast-paced program designed to prepare students for the intensive world of business management. Their programs are very effective and actively indulge students in a thorough knowledge of the global business environment.
Fees: INR 49.5 lacs
Eligibility: A minimum IELTS score of 7 or a PTE score of 70 is required.
Bristol is an esteemed university that is ranked among the top 5 MBA colleges in the UK. It is well known for its focused practical approach. The university provides an extensive educational program along with practical know-how to prepare students for the real challenges in business.
Fees: INR 3.5 lacs
Eligibility: A minimum IELTS score of 7 or a PTE score of 67 is required.
Bath University is a highly regarded university among the top 10 MBA colleges in the UK because of its curriculum which features a special program of a multi-project suite to prepare students for real-world scenarios. The business degree not only provides the knowledge required to effectively run a business, but it also poses real-time problem-solving exercises.
Fees: INR 44.7 lacs
Eligibility: A minimum IELTS score of 7 or a TOEFL score of 100 is required.
Lancaster University is one of the top 10 MBA colleges in the UK and it is famous for its program of international business. They prepare the students for the rapidly growing business development scenario with a thorough understanding of world economics.
Fees: INR 39.3 lacs
Eligibility: A minimum IELTS score of 7 or a PTE score of 65 is required.
As one of the most distinguished MBA colleges in the UK, they address the main goals of a business environment, i.e. effective communication, global awareness, and strong analytical thinking.
Fees: INR 39 lacs
Eligibility: A minimum IELTS score of 7 or a PTE score of 62 is required.
Leeds university is a reputed choice among MBA colleges in the UK that implements a hands-on approach to their education techniques. The university provides the means to connect with professionals across the world and learn the market structure for real-world applications of management.
Fees: INR 34.2 lacs
Eligibility: A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a PTE score of 64 is required.
University of Edinburgh
It is one of the well-recognized MBA colleges in the UK that provides an intensive program for students who wish to further their careers in the field of management. They provide a thorough and integrated course of personal coaching and professional training and development.
Fees: INR 42 lacs
Eligibility: A minimum IELTS score of 7 or a PTE score of 67 is required.
If the fees of these colleges are deterring your will to study in one of these colleges, then it shouldn’t. Some sponsors are willing to cover up to 100% of your tuition fee. Yes, you heard it right! Leap Scholar is one such platform who make available scholarships worth $250k and cover more than 5000+ courses. It can be a one-time opportunity to fulfil your dreams to study in one of the best UK universities. Check out their website to know more!
If you want to run a successful business or work for MNCs, you need to take the necessary steps to enhance your knowledge and skills. It is high time to seriously consider higher education in one of the top MBA colleges in the UK to further your career goals. Not only do you learn about the global business environment, but a degree from the MBA colleges in the UK adds a certain cachet to your resume that draws the attention of established business moguls. Get started on that career path that you have always dreamed of having. Now is the time.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?