- Get an overview of the eligibility requirements, application, and selection procedure of the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship
- The article also lists the courses available through this scholarship programme
- Get an insight into all the required documentation to be well prepared for the opportunity
The University of Cambridge has had a long and fruitful relationship with India. Over the years, St John’s College, one of Cambridge’s largest colleges, has had particularly extensive relationships. Dr Manmonhan Singh, India’s former Prime Minister, is a graduate of St John’s College and an Honorary Fellow. St John’s College has established the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship in his honour. He is highly known as the architect of the economic changes that propelled India onto the international stage. These fellowships will allow academically exceptional Indian students to study for PhD degrees at St. John’s College, University of Cambridge.
The scholarships are completely supported and include:
Overview Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship
Following selection, St. John’s College will work with the shortlisted candidates on pre-departure, travel arrangements, and student visas in the United Kingdom.
The University of Cambridge is an obvious choice for many Indian students who aspire to study in the UK. The university has produced countless laureates over the years, including scientists, artists, prime ministers, and others.
Dr Manmohan Singh is the Prime Minister of India. The scholarship programme is likewise named after a St. John’s College, University of Cambridge honorary graduate. For Indian students, the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships are a merit-based, expense-waiver scholarship programme.
Eligibility Criteria for Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship
Prospective applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria imposed by the University of Cambridge. An applicant for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- You must be an Indian national with a valid Indian passport (You must currently reside in India).
- You must possess a recognised master’s degree in postgraduate studies from an Indian university or institution.
- As of January 31, you must be under the age of 35.
- Be planning on enrolling in a full-time PhD programme at the University of Cambridge.
- An applicant for the 2022 scholarship must begin the programme in September or October of that year.
- You must not have applied or received any other scholarships to study in the United Kingdom.
Documents Required for Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship
An applicant must submit the following documentation when applying for this scholarship programme:
- Previous examination transcripts and mark sheets
- Acceptance letter from the institution where an individual has chosen to enrol
- GMAT, GRE, GATE, and other qualifying tests mark sheets and transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Documents pertaining to further scholarship awards and fee waivers
- Files from the Guardians’ most recent income tax returns
- The applicant’s passport
- 2 academic/professional references UG and PG degrees and transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
Application Process for Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship
Applicants must complete applications for admission to the University of Cambridge before applying for the scholarship. Following is the step by step process:
Step I: At the University of Cambridge, select a doctoral programme and a supervisor.
Step II: Complete the Cambridge doctoral studies entry requirements. Submit the application forms before the deadline for admissions.
Step III: On the application form, select St. John’s College as your first choice.
Step IV: After receiving admission confirmation, complete the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship application on the college website to notify St. John’s administrators. The applicants can expect an email from the college with the acknowledgement recipient.
Selection Process for Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship
Candidates for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship are chosen after a rigorous process at Cambridge University. A two-stage approach is used to choose the candidates:
Stage I: The core selection committee and the Central Board of St. John’s College and Cambridge University review the applications and announce the initial list of candidates who have been shortlisted.
Stage II: The PI round, in which candidates shortlisted in the first round are interviewed via Skype, and the final list of grantees is announced.
The interviews will take place in April and June of 2021. The name of the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship recipient is announced by the selection committee within a month following the skype interview session. The selection committee’s decision is final and cannot be overturned.
The Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship is a valuable programme that helps eligible individuals realise their goals by providing financial assistance. The scholarship allows Indian students to study and pursue their dreams overseas. The scholarship aims to encourage bright and ambitious Indian students to pursue the courses of their dreams and to assist them in any way possible. For more details, reach out to LeapScholar.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship valid for all degrees?
Ans. No, Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship is available to applicants who want to pursue their doctorate degree in Science and Technology, Social Sciences, Economics, Marine Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and Energy Studies.
2. Does the scholarship include the expense of books and supplies?
Ans. No, Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship does not cover the expense of books and supplies.
3. Does the monthly stipend include the rent for the home?
Ans. The university’s monthly stipend can be used to cover transportation, meals, study material, and other costs.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?