- This blog provides an outline of Chevening scholarships
- It discusses the eligibility criteria and selection process in detail
Chevening scholarships are a part of the worldwide program by the UK Government’s study abroad scholarships. It offers meritorious students an opportunity to pursue their higher studies in the United Kingdom. Eligible students can apply for a 1-year Postgraduate Program in any UK university for any subject. On top of that, the Government excluded the English Proficiency Requirement to apply for 2021 due to the COVID-19 crisis.
So aspiring students can keep their eyes on this blog to thoroughly explore the Chevening scholarship.
Overview of Chevening Scholarship
This is a merit-based scholarship program that awards grants to eligible students to carry on their higher education in the UK. However, the Uk Government mandates all the applicants to be from Chevening eligible- territories or countries such as China or India.
This scholarship covers the following aspects:
- Tuition fees for University
- Monthly stipend
- Allowance for arrival to the United Kingdom and a homeward departure
- Travels expenses from and to the United Kingdom
- Cost of candidates’ visa application
- Travel grants to arrive in the UK for Chevening events
Chevening Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are looking forward to applying for this scholarship must fulfil the following Chevening scholarship eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must belong to a Chevening-eligible country.
- Students must acquire an Undergraduate degree to be eligible for admission in any Postgraduate program in a UK University.
- Candidates must return to their country of citizenship after completing their program for at least 2 years to be a beneficiary of this award.
- They also must attain a minimum of 2 years or 2,800 hours of working experience.
- Applicants also must apply for 3 different eligible courses in the UK Universities and hold an unconditional offer from any of them.
- Candidates mandatory meet the Chevening English Proficiency requirement.
Requirements for Chevening Scholarship
Apart from the eligible criteria, candidates must fulfil the following requisites for this scholarship program:
References are crucial for the selection process, whether for scholarship or fellowship. Candidates must provide 2 names as referees while applying for Chevening scholarships. While choosing a referee, candidates must consider the guidelines from this program. A referee must be able to assess and comment on a candidate’s worthiness to receive this award.
Shortlisted candidates must attend the interview in a city having a representation of the British embassy or high commission. In addition, they have to book their slots on a first-come-first-served basis. Once the booking is confirmed, they will receive a confirmation mail and will not be able to change the slot further.
English Proficiency Test
Candidates must meet the Chevening English language proficiency requirement to avail themselves of this scholarship program. However, candidates must bear the expenses incurred by this proficiency test. They can attempt this test for than once to meet the Chevening requirement. The required scores in recognised providers are as follows:
|Trinity ISE II (B2)||Score|
Chevening Scholarship Application Process
Aspiring candidates can apply for Chevening Scholarships via the official portal of the Chevening program. They must apply for their desired Postgraduate program at least at 3 UK Universities covered under this program.
Candidates can apply through the online application process and answer all the questions before submitting. In addition, they must produce the required supportive documents in PDF, JPG or PNG version under 5 MB.
Universities Participating in Chevening Scholarships
The table below shows the names of Universities that participate in Chevening Scholarships along with their eligible programs:
|Name of University||Eligible Programs|
|Chevening Scholarship in Cambridge University||MBA|
|Chevening Scholarships in LSE||MSc Finance|
|Chevening Scholarships in Cranfield University||MSc Logistics & SCM/ Strategic Management|
|Chevening Scholarships in Coventry University||MBA|
|Chevening Scholarships at Durham University||MSc Management|
|Chevening Scholarships in Brunel University||MSc or MA programs in Engineering & Management, MSc in Data Sc & Analytics|
List of Universities Under the Chevening Scholarship
Here is the list of all the Universities all over the UK that comes under this program:
- University of Oxford
- Brunel University London
- University of Cambridge
- Durham University
- St George’s, University of London
- University of Leeds
- University of Birmingham
- Newcastle University
- University of Salford
- Birkbeck, University of London
- LSE University of Glasgow
- University of Nottingham
- University of Surrey
- Bangor University
- University of South Wales
- University of Warwick
- Bournemouth University
- University of Reading
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Southampton
- University of Stirling
- Oxford University Diplomatic Studies Programme
- Cranfield University
- University of Exeter
- University of Bath
- Schumacher College
- University of Sussex
- Robert Gordon University
- Swansea University
- University of Central Lancashire
- Bournemouth University
- University of Bradford
- University of Bristol
- Coventry University
- University of East Anglia
- University of Dundee
Eligible Countries Under the Chevening Scholarships Program
The list below has the names of Chevening-approved countries:
Chevening Scholarships invite and encourage candidates to pursue their desired courses in Universities all across the United Kingdom. Their gender identity, sexual orientation, age, birthplace, parenthood or marital status, class cast or not other attributes will be an obligation in this program.
Instead, the Chevening Scholarships aim to select candidates who submit a contemplative application that reflects their capabilities. Candidates must be updated for the application in the current year to obtain this opportunity.
- Top Universities for Masters In Construction Management In UK
- Top Universities for MSc in Microbiology in UK
- Universities to study Architecture in The UK
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Does Chevening scholarships cover full tuition fees?
2. Does Chevening Scholarship provides accomodation?
3. Do I have to return home after Chevening Scholarship?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?