4 (188 ratings)
Webometrics - National
Testing for English proficiency
If English is not your first language, Students must provide official results from one of the English proficiency tests listed below. The testing company must send the findings directly to NSCC Admissions to be considered official. The exam date must be fewer than two years before the date you submit your NSCC application.
1. International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) - each test must have a minimum score of 6.0. (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking).
2. TOEFL Internet-Based Exam (TOEFL iBT), 60 on the Paper-Delivered Test, or 550 on the Paper-Based Test – minimum test scores of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 60 on the Paper-Delivered Test.
3. CanTest (Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees) - 4.5 average.
4. Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) - each test must have a minimum Level 8 score.
5. Minimum Band 60 on the Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL).
6. MET (Michigan English Test) — a minimum score of 59 is required.
7. Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) - a minimum score of 55 on this test is required.
Housing on campus
Depending on where students are studying, you might be able to live on campus. Learn about NSCC student housing options, including:
1. How does it feel to live on campus?
2. How do I apply for housing on campus?
3. After you've accepted a position, what should you do?
4. Important housing deadlines on campus
Housing options outside of campus
Are you looking for a place to rent or a place to stay? Learn about NSCC students' options for off-campus accommodation, including:
1. Living expenses
2. Different types of housing
3. A typical rental request
4. Where can I look for off-campus housing
for more information click on this link-https://www.nscc.ca/study-at-nscc/housing/index.asp
Nova Scotia community college is a great institution. The professors are always available to help, the courses are well-thought out and they have a fantastic reputation in academia.
I am a Nova Scotia community college student. I have been there for two years and it has been a place of opportunity, exploration, and growth. The professors are great and the post-secondary experience has been better than I thought it would be.
I always knew that I wanted to study in Nova Scotia and this community college really is the right place for me. I get a strong sense of the collective feeling here...everyone is united, there are lots of opportunities to get involved, academics are good and placements are great. A lot of my friends who went to other universities in Canada say they wish they had gone here.
Canada | St. Catharines
#28 in Webometrics - National
Fees: $26,343-$37,868 CAD approx
Canada | Peterborough
#36 in Webometrics - National
Fees: $19000 CAD approx
Canada | Surrey
#72 in Webometrics - National
Fees: $6,593-$10,988 CAD approx
Nova Scotia community college is located in Halifax, Canada
Nova Scotia community college has a campus size of 556acres. This is bigger than the average university campuses in the city.