This blog talks about the top B-schools in the UK’s capital city. In addition, it lists some of the best accredited schools in the city.
- Details of course fees, eligibility and accreditation
- Details of course core subjects
- Rankings of the top school according to the Financial Times.
London is one of the financial capitals of the world. Entrepreneurs flock to the city to set up businesses, so it is no wonder that there are many famous business schools in London. These business schools are centres of learning, culture, and a great place to contact notable alumni.
Therefore, on that note, we have compiled a list of the top 5 business schools in London.
Why Study Business in the UK?
Some of the benefits of studying part-time, full-time, or distance education in business management in London are:
- London has a higher number of overseas banks than any other city and it is the world’s biggest currency trading centre.
- It is home to global companies such as Deloitte, Sky and Google, Lloyds Banking Group, and more.
- London offers world-class education with an opportunity to connect to a large number of industry leaders and build your business contact and professional network.
- Most of the Master’s programs in the United Kingdom are for only one year.
- Besides the core management subjects, such as Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Human resources, Marketing, and Economics, the universities also offer many elective subjects for students to choose from.
- Opting for a business degree in London gives one an excellent exposure to cultural diversity, helping students develop a global perspective.
- London Business School
Located right in the city’s centre, the London Business School is a world-class prestigious business school with many notable alumni. LBS MBA program is ranked as the best MBA in London. You can tailor the duration of your MBA as per your career plan as the program offers exit points at 15, 18, and 21 months with excellent internship opportunities. The campus of the London Business School has supreme facilities for the students of LBS which includes three cafes, a research centre, a student club, a library, and a sports centre.
The LBS full-time Masters in Finance has been ranked as the number one programme worldwide. It is opted by students after gaining work experience in the field of Finance. The school offers PG degrees in seven core areas that include marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, organisational behaviour and strategy, economics, accounting, and management science and operations.
Ranking: Financial Times MBA Ranking: 2; QS MBA Ranking: 3
Fees: USD 130,900
Eligibility: 600/800 GMAT score on average. Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Masters in Management
- Global Masters in Management
- Masters in Financial Analysis
- Executive MBA London
- EMBA – Global Americas & Europe
- Imperial College Business School
A part of Imperial College of London, Imperial College Business School, is one of the top 10 global universities. Students are taught principles of global business and social transformation with a fusion of technology knowledge in business and management, helping them develop an entrepreneurial mindset to drive global business and social transformations hand in hand.
Nestled in the heart of the museum quarter of London in South Kensington, the Imperial College Business School boasts triple accreditation with strong and exceptional performances across business school rankings. Imperial College London is second in QS Rankings for Online MBA 2021 and offers many postgraduate and research business programs:
Ranking: Financial Times MBA Ranking: 44 ; QS MBA Ranking: 9
Fees: USD 76,900
Eligibility: English language requirements and an undergraduate degree
- Full-Time MBA: The one-year MBA programme covers core modules to strengthen the foundation of business, develop entrepreneurship skills, and help in shaping an individual’s project portfolio better to align their personal, academic, and career ambitions. A full-time MBA in Imperial School London costs about £57,200.
- Global Online MBA: A part-time programme in a distance learning format gives you the freedom to advance your career while gaining an enriching MBA experience. A global online MBA at Imperial College is £42,600, covering tuition fees and online study materials.
- Executive MBA: This 23-month long part-time programme is designed for aspirants to specialise in their expertise area and develop a global perspective on business. The fee for the Executive MBA at Imperial College international students is £61,500.
- Weekend MBA: The part-time Weekend MBA helps you accelerate your career while studying at Imperial College London one weekend in a month. The 21-month programme helps develop a strong international network of leading faculty and business practitioners. A weekend MBA costs £50,900, excluding the living expenses and cost of accommodation.
- Bayes Business School (formerly Cass Business School)
Bayes Business School has triple accreditation from AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (Association of MBAs), EQUIS (EFMD Quality Improvement System) and is ranked as the top MBA school in London for value for money by the Financial Times. Bayes Business Schools’ programs also offer study tours to Silicon Valley, China, Dubai, and South Africa.
Ranking: Financial Times MBA Ranking: 61; QS MBA Ranking: 26
Fees: USD 64,900
Eligibility: English language requirements and an undergraduate degree
- Business Management BSc (Hons)
- Business with Finance
- Full-time MBA
- Executive MBA
- Modular Executive MBA
- MSC in Business Analytics
- Brunel Business School
Located in Uxbridge, Brunel Business School is among the best business schools in the UK. However, students have to have sufficient work experience in their field before choosing this course as it is highly intensive. However, this school isn’t triple-accredited. It has accreditation only from AACSB and AMBA. The course covers a year.
Ranking: QS MBA Ranking: 48
Fees: USD 34,200.
Eligibility: 3 years of experience plus English Language proof
- Corporate and Business Finance
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Leading People & Managing Organisations
- Corporate and Competitive Strategy
- Operations Management
- International Business
- Business Economics
- Business Project and Professional Portfolio
- Kingston Business School, London
Accredited from AMBA and AACSB, this is among the best business schools in London. This school lies in the quiet corner of Kingston-upon-Thames, which is considered one of the safest places in the city to live. Moreover, the course is very oriented towards practical learning.
Fees: USD 33,900
Eligibility: Work experience + English language requirements
Course Details: Some of the core course modules in this school are:
- Big Data and Business Analytics
- Financial Management
- Digital Marketing Practice
- Responsible Management
- Enterprise and Innovation
This was the list of the best business schools in London. Students looking for a successful career in management and finance can opt for these prestigious courses. Different agencies have thoroughly vetted the level of education. Moreover, some of these schools are the best business schools in UK.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What career options can one pursue after a business degree?
Ans. With knowledge of a broad number of subjects, some of the best career aspects for an individual after a business degree are:
- Management Consultant
- Financial Analyst
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Business Writer
- Data Scientist
- Investment Management Consultant
- Internet Entrepreneur
Q: How much does it cost to study business at the top B schools in London?
Ans. The total cost of an MBA in London, United Kingdom, includes the university fees and the living costs. The fees mainly depend on the university you are opting for. Overall, international MBA fees in the UK range from about £35,000 to £58,000. However, the highly reputed London School of Business charges £78,500 for a full-time MBA degree.
Q: What are the most popular MBA degrees in the United Kingdom?
Ans. Some of the popular and most sought-after MBA degrees in the UK are:
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Accounting
- MBA Executive
- MBA in Finance
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?