- Here candidates can find a list of the top 7 colleges in Canada that offer M.Arch courses.
- This piece also contains details of what criteria make a candidate eligible, the admission process that the university follows, and other course details.
To attract a lucrative Architectural career, candidates often look to complete a master’s degree in the field. Canada is the best place to do that since candidates can find several top universities offering Master’s courses in Architecture here.
Some advantages students enjoy by pursuing an Architecture master’s degree in Canada are access to state-of-the-art architectural software, high earning potential, good job placement opportunities, etc. So, if interested, one can learn more about the admission process of different universities offering MArch In Canada, along with eligibility and other details in the sections below.
Best Colleges for Masters in Architecture Courses in Canada
Given below is a table of the top 7 colleges that offer the best Master’s courses in Architecture in Canada:
|University||Program||Duration in Years||Annual Fees in CAD (Approximately)|
|University of British Colombia||Master of Architecture (M.Arch)||3||43604|
|University of Toronto||-Master of Architecture (M.Arch)
-Master of Science (M.Sc) Planning
|1 - 3.5||48440|
|University of Waterloo||Master of Architecture (M.Arch)||2||15172|
|McGill University||-Master of Architecture (M.Arch) Urban Design and Housing
-Master of Architecture (M.Arch) Design Studio- Directed Research
-Master of Architecture (M.Arch) Architectural History and Theory
-Master of Architecture (M.Arch) Design Studio
|Université dé Montréal||-Master of Architecture (M.Arch)
-Master of Applied Science (M.Asc) Planning
-Master of Landscape Architecture (M.L.A)
-Master of Urban Planning (M.U.P)
|Ryerson University||Master of Architecture (M.Arch)||2||24878|
|University of Calgary||Master of Architecture (M.Arch)||2||11726|
Details of Top Architecture University for MArch In Canada
Individuals looking to get admission to any of the universities mentioned above can find eligibility and other important details below:
University of British Colombia
Located in Vancouver, the University of British Colombia is a top college for candidates to pursue architecture at graduate and undergraduate levels. It was established in 1908 and is affiliated with APLU, ACU, ASAIHL, AORU, U15, and AUCC.
- Candidates must have passed 11+12 higher secondary at a recognised secondary school.
- Applicant’s Grade 12 Subject must be English, and for Grade 11, it can be Mathematics, Social Sciences, English, Physics or Chemistry.
- Individuals must have a 1- or 2-page resume containing experience information relating to work, travel, education, volunteering and relevant areas.
- Candidates who have not yet attained an English degree must clear the English Proficiency exam.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must appear for either IELTS or TOEFL exam to get admission to this university.
University of Toronto
The University of Toronto is the second most famous university among students to complete MArch In Canada. It is situated in Toronto, Ontario and was established in 1827. It is affiliated with ACU, AAU, AUCC, U15, and URA.
- Athletics and sports
- At the time of admission, students must submit a certificate of completing a senior level or Grade 12 English education.
- Students must qualify for IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE to get admission into the University of Toronto.
- Candidates can complete the admission process only when they can prove their English proficiency. It can be either by completing 1- or 2-year study in English or by attaining a one-year post-graduation certificate through a recognised institute.
University of Waterloo
This is a public research university whose main campus is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It is one of the best architecture schools in Canada for completing a master’s degree. It was established in 1959 and, till now, has a reputation for a tough curriculum. The university is affiliated with COU, CIS, CBIE, CARL, ATS, ACU, CUP, CUSID, U15, IAU, UC, and Field University.
- Candidates must have achieved first or second division in any of the below criteria:
- Indian School Certificate (by CISCE)
- Indian Senior School Certificate (by CBSE)
- Other Pre-University Certificate to candidates on completing 12 years of academic studies
- He or she must hold a minimum of 70% and 85% overall in courses like Standard XII Mathematics, Standard XII Physics, Standard XII English, Standard XII Chemistry, and other Standard XII courses.
- Candidates must clear TOEFL, IELTS or any other equivalent English Proficiency exam for admission.
This one is a beautiful university located in Montreal with stunning residences and churches designed in Art Deco-Gothic style. It was established in 1821 and is affiliated with AUCC, AAU, ACU, ATS, CBIE, CARL, GULF, CUSID, URA, U15, and UNAI.
- Athletic and Recreation
- The university checks the class X and XII exam certificates along with school transcripts for Grade 10, 11 and mid-year 12 (if written).
- Candidates must have a portfolio ready.
- Applicants must have pursued physics and mathematics in their classes 11 and 12.
- The university requires a minimum of 60% as their applicant’s overall average.
- To get admission into McGill University, candidates must prove their English Proficiency by taking TOEFL, IELTS, or other equivalent tests.
Université dé Montréal
Université dé Montréal is a French-speaking university offering an M.Arch degree program to its aspirants. It was established in 1878 and is affiliated with ACU, AUF, IAU, AUCC, QSSF, U Sports, U15, IFPU, CUP, and CBEI.
- Metro Station
- Restaurants and Cafes
- Candidates with higher secondary school certificates are eligible for admission here.
- He or she must have completed a one-year university study in the Mathematics field.
- To apply for admission to Université dé Montréal, candidates must pass the Uniform French Language and Literature Test at a college level. Also, it should be from the Quebec Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum score of 850 out of 990 in TFI or C2 to get admission. It must be in oral and written comprehension at DELF, TEF, TCF, or DALF between 24 months before starting the candidate’s semester studies, as mentioned in the admission request.
Ryerson University is not only the best Architectural university in Canada but also a top Canadian university on an overall basis. It is situated in Toronto, Ontario and was established in 1948. The university has been affiliated with AUCC, AACSB, COU, IAU, ACU, and ONWiE.
- Athletics and Recreation
- Student learning centre
- Health and wellbeing
- Dining and housing
- Candidates must have a Higher Secondary School certificate having Mathematics with calculus, English, Chemistry, and Physics as compulsory subjects.
- The university requires candidates to hold either an All-India Senior School Examination Certificate issued by CBSE or Indian School Certificate awarded by CISCE.
- Students that can present Higher Secondary School Certificate or Intermediate Certificate for Year 12 State Board Exams are also eligible for admission to Ryerson University.
- Minimum English Proficiency requirement:
- CAEL: 70
- Duolingo English Test: 115
- Cambridge Assessment English: 180
- Pearson Test of English: 60
- TOEFL: 92 to 93 iBT
- IELTS: 6.5
- To get admission into Ryerson University, applicants first have to prove securing good marks in the English Proficiency exam.
- He or She needs to present a senior-level English course equivalent to Grade 12 U English course in Ontario.
University of Calgary
Apart from the east and west coast side of Canada, there are also other top Canadian Architecture universities that candidates can join. One such university is the University of Calgary. It is located in Calgary, Alberta and was established in 1966. The university is affiliated with U15, ACU, AUCC, IAU, CARL, CUSID, CWUAA, and CBIE.
- Cafeterias and parks
- Research station
- Stadium and Olympic Volunteer Centre
- Field Station
- Astrophysical Observatory
- Regional Centre
- Science Centre
- Individuals need to have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0-point system attained during the two-year full-time study of an undergraduate degree.
- Candidates must complete a four-year undergraduate degree with experience in design, arts, engineering, humanities, social sciences, physical sciences, and biology.
- The university also demands a four-year bachelor’s degree passed with first-class division or an 8/10 score.
- Students with a 3-year bachelor’s degree must also hold a master’s degree.
- Candidates must present a portfolio and a resume.
- Those candidates whose primary language is not English must clear the English Proficiency exam. The score requirement according to individual proficiency tests are:
- CAEL: 70
- Pearson Test of English: 59
- TOEFL: 105
- IELTS: 7.5
- ACC: Score A in each section
Individuals looking to complete their Master’s degree in Canada can find all the required information in the sections above. They can choose from the list of the top 7 universities that offer MArch In Canada. One can also look into the course fees, duration, eligibility requirement and admission process for comparison purposes. Follow the LeapScholar blog to know more about Courses available in Canada or book your session with our counsellors to know more about MArch In Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much annual salary package can a student expect by studying MArch in Canada?
2. What is the average tuition fee of Architectural universities in Canada?
3. Why do students choose to study in Canada?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?