- Some of the best universities, like the University of Edinburgh, the University of Manchester, the University of Warwick, etc., offer master’s degrees in International Business Management in the United Kingdom.
- In the United Kingdom, an MSc in International Business takes nearly one academic year to complete. The average tuition fee is around £30,000.
- For fresh and trained graduates, the United Kingdom opens up potential future options as well as very lucrative career chances.
In a global context, international trade and finance are no longer restricted by national borders. It has expanded into a variety of markets, both developed and developing. There has been an increase in the demand for qualified individuals who are familiar with the intricacies of international business management. This article will go through the several rewarding paths you can take to pursue a career in International Business Management in UK. Read more to know the benefits of studying in the UK for Indian students.
The course module develops your knowledge and intellectual abilities by enrolling in a rigorous academic programme that keeps you up to date on current events, facts on entrepreneurship, project management, and develops international business manager-relevant abilities, strategic management, global marketing, supply chain management, competencies, and personal characteristics.
It also enhances self-directed learning, personal responsibility, initiative, as well as teamwork abilities and improves problem-solving, communication, and information-technology application of management skills. This course is for students who want to improve and expand their understanding of international business in order to advance their careers and apply business strategy through their research methods. The majority of students who apply for this programme have a 2:1 bachelor’s degree or relevant job experience.
Eligibility Criteria for International Business Management in UK
Applicants are eligible to apply to this programme of study if they meet one of the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline from an accredited degree-granting institution, such as a university or business school.
- An examination-based professional qualification(s) is recognised as being equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline, plus additional evidence to support the equivalence of the qualification.
- A specific diploma in a business-related discipline that allows you to pursue a master’s degree programme if you complete it successfully.
- English language requirements: You must have an IELTS score of 7 overall or a recognised equivalent.
- CV/Resume: A summary of academic accomplishments and/or awards, publications, relevant employment experience, and/or volunteer activity. To know about resume format in the UK, click here.
- Transcripts: In PDF format, submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Referee Form/Letter: Three reference forms and letters of recommendation must be completed and posted immediately to the web portal by referees (teachers, guidance counsellors, or professors).
- Three letters of recommendation: The references will be notified, and the student will be able to upload their letters using the online application system. Academic or professional references can be included in letters.
- Statement of Purpose: Justifications for enrolling in this programme, as well as a description of previous experience. Read more for further information on SOP and its format.
Top Colleges for International Business Management in UK
Master’s programs in the UK are offered by some of the top-ranked universities with a high acceptance rate and promising employability prospects.
Some of these top-ranked colleges and their academic fee (excluding additional costs like bursaries, application fees, etc.) for International Business Management in the UK are:
The University of Birmingham is a public research university in Birmingham, England. It is located in Edgbaston. As a successor of Queen’s College, Birmingham, and Mason Science College, it gained its royal charter in 1900, making it the first English civic or red brick university to do so.
Course Name: MSc in International Business
Average Tuition Fee: INR 2,476,000
Ranking by THE World University Rank: 105
Nottingham is home to the Institution of Nottingham, a public research university in the United Kingdom. University College Nottingham was founded in 1881 and received a royal charter in 1948. The University of Nottingham is a member of the Russell Group, an elite research-intensive association.
Course Name: MSc in International Business
Average Tuition Fee: INR 2,324,000
Ranking by THE World University Rank: 141
Lancaster University (officially The University of Lancaster) is an English public research university located in Lancaster, Lancashire. The institution was founded in 1964 by royal charter as part of a wave of new universities that sprung up during the 1960s. Lancaster is a residential collegiate university with a shaky sense of autonomy among the colleges. The eight undergraduate colleges are named after locations in Lancashire’s historic county, and each has its own living blocks, common areas, administrative staff, and bars on campus.
Course Name: MSc in International Business and Strategy
Average Tuition Fee: INR 2,138,000
Ranking by THE World University Rank: 122
The School of Medicine and Surgery, founded in 1834, and the College of Physical Science, created in 1871, are the foundations of the institution. In 1937, the colleges of Newcastle combined to establish King’s College. King’s College was renamed the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in 1963 by an Act of Parliament.
Course Name: MSc in International Business Management
Average Tuition Fee: INR 2,231,000
Ranking by THE World University Rank: 146
The University of Hertfordshire (UOH) is a public university in the United Kingdom’s county of Hertfordshire. Hatfield, Hertfordshire, is the home of the university. Hatfield Technical College, its forerunner, was established in 1948 and was named one of the top 25 colleges of technology in the United Kingdom in 1959.
Course Name: MSc in International Business
Average Tuition Fee: INR 1,297,000
Ranking by THE World University Rank: 601
Aberdeen is home to the University of Aberdeen, a public research university. It is a historic institution created in 1495 by William Elphinstone on behalf of James IV, King of Scots, when he petitioned Pope Alexander VI to establish King’s College, making it Scotland’s third-oldest university and the fifth-oldest in the English-speaking world. According to The Guardian, The Times, and The Sunday Times, Aberdeen is consistently listed among the top 160 universities in the world and is among the top 20 institutions in the United Kingdom.
Course Name: International Business Management MSc
Average Tuition Fee: INR 1,999,000
Ranking by THE World University Rank: 158
If you tend to work on your skills through the coursework and learning experience, you will be granted a marvellous position to earn a reputed placement, whether from your current company or at a new job. Also, to earn more than the average pay in the UK, increase your years of experience. If you are ready to take the next step, LeapScholar can provide you with career counselling and help you acquire a suitable college in the UK.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are the career options after the successful completion of International Business Management in UK?
Ans. In an international context, the postgraduate student can go for various career options in any of the leading multinational corporations or a reputed organisation as full-time or part-time Market Analyst, International Business Manager, National/International Management Consultants, International Finance Analyst, Stock Broker, Compliance Analyst, and Sales Development Administration/Manager.
2. What is the average salary one gets upon getting the degree in London?
Ans. The average starting salary per annum goes around 22,000 GBP.
3. Which course has a competitive advantage – Master of Business Administration in International Business Management or MSc in International Business Management?
Ans. In terms of the courses taught and the employment opportunities available after earning the degree, an MBA and an MSc in International Business Management are nearly similar. Both of them are concerned with a comprehensive examination of the global business environment and its management. However, there are a few technical distinctions between the two.
- An MBA in International Business Management is frequently favoured over an MSc in the same field since an MBA emphasises the practical side of business management while an MSc emphasises the theoretical side.
- MSc in International Business Management is a less expensive option in terms of tuition.
4. To pursue a degree in MBA, do we need prior work experience to apply for MSc in International Business Management in UK?
Ans. Unlike MBA, no prior work experience is required to enrol for MSc.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?