Widely accepted by prominent universities across the world, the TOEFL test is an extremely effective, high-quality test that helps applicants prove their capabilities in the English language. Approximately 35 million candidates across the world have opted for this standardised test to certify their knowledge of the English language. If you’re considering sitting for the exam and wish to know essential details regarding the TOEFL rescheduling process, this insightful guide is what you need.
What is TOEFL?
The leading English-language test accepted by more than 11,000 institutes all around the world, the TOEFL test is an extremely helpful aid for pursuing higher study abroad, immigration, and work. Here are some key review points regarding the test acceptance:
- The test is preferred by the majority of Canadian universities and for more than 80% of the graduate programs in the country.
- Approximately 9 out of 10 reputed universities in the US prefer this test as one of the admission criteria.
- Almost all of the universities in the UK prefer this test for the selection process.
- Accepted widely by the most elite European universities and colleges, the test is extremely popular in France and Germany as well.
- The majority of universities in Australia and New Zealand have TOEFL as one essential eligibility criterion for admission.
- The test is widely held all around Asia, including in some well-recognised universities in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, and Malaysia.
There are several advantages of the TOEFL exam, some of which are:
- Helps you stand out: An excellent score on the high-quality TOEFL test helps prospective students stand out and gets them noticed by the admissions officers.
- Ease of entry: The majority of universities across the world accept TOEFL scores as one of the essential criteria for registration and admission. Test takers who have excellent scores on the test can easily gain enrolment in the course of their choice in the most preferred university on their list.
- Aids a quick academic start: The test helps to strengthen your English language skills and provides support to hit the classroom fully prepared for regular classes.
Rescheduling TOEFL exam
The best guidance for your STUDY ABROAD DREAM
Start your journey with the best study abroad experts in India
- Owing to different occasions, weather issues, technical circumstances, or some other issues, the test might be cancelled or rescheduled by the ETS, or your scores might be cancelled after the date of the test as well.
- If ETS has rescheduled your exam before the date of the test, you can select a different test date without any rescheduling fees being charged.
- If a candidate reaches the test centre and finds out that the test has been cancelled by ETS, they can reschedule a new date for the test without any additional fee being charged.
- Cancelling or rescheduling the TOEFL exam on your own is an easy process that any prospective applicant can do via email or at the respective test centre as well.
Documents Required for Cancelling/Rescheduling the TOEFL
The following documents and receipts must be kept handy while approaching the services to reschedule TOEFL:
- Applicant’s full name and date of birth
- Mailing address
- Daytime contact number
- Email ID
- Original TOEFL test date
- TOEFL appointment/registration number
- A description of reasoning for cancellation/rescheduling
Cancellation/Rescheduling of TOEFL Test Online
The following steps must be followed to cancel or reschedule TOEFL online :
- First, login into your TOEFL iBT account.
- Click on the ‘View order’ tab of your home page.
- Click on the ‘Modify’ tab to cancel or reschedule your exam.
Cancellation/Rescheduling of TOEFL Test Via Call
Steps to be followed to reschedule TOEFL via call:
- Keep your registered contact number handy.
- Students from the United States or Canada can dial 1-800-468-6335 or +1-443-751-4862.
- Students from India can call at +91-124-4147700.
- Students belonging to other territories may inquire about the Prometrics enrolment centre pdf.
Refund Policies of TOEFL
It’s extremely important to cancel your registration at least 4 days prior to the test day to claim a refund.
- A claim of 50% of the total fee is applicable for reimbursement 4 days before the exam date.
- In case of cancellation of test administration by ETS, the candidate can claim the original test fee if they do not want to give the test.
- All refunds are made in US dollars and inclusive of taxes.
- If ETS cancels a test administration or TOEFL scores after the test date and the applicant has paid the travel expenses to reach the test centre, they have a right to claim the cost of reasonable and documented travel costs within a month of the original test date.
- No cash refunds are provided to the applicants. Also, no refund will be provided in case the registration procedures were not followed or the required ID was not presented at the test centre.
- In case the payment method was a visa debit card/credit card or e-check, the full refund of your test fee will be provided back to the same source.
- Eight weeks would be taken for processing of refund if payment was made via a personal check.
- In case the payment was made via a voucher but hasn’t been registered yet, then the candidate must get in touch with the organisation that provided the voucher. If the applicant has a test appointment already, then the regular refund policies will be applied.
- The candidate has to pay an additional charge of $60 as TOEFL reschedule fee apart from the registration fee for TOEFL reschedule.
Termination Policy of TOEFL Test
The ETS holds every right to cancel the test scores of the candidate or forbid the applicant from reappearing in the test in case of violation of essential rules and policies. A few of the actions that violate the policy of test are as follows:
- Attempting the complete test or a part of it for someone else.
- Attempting to transfer or remove any scratch paper, notes, or content of the TOEFL test.
- An applicant failing to provide a valid id.
- Having inappropriate access to the test content, including the questions, answers, or topics prior to the test administration.
- Possession of any electronic device, a phone, watch of any kind, etc., in the testing room, is restrained and will have serious repercussions in the form of test termination or cancellation of scores by ETS.
- Any access to remote software or screen sharing is prohibited.
- The use of unauthorised aids is completely prohibited. Some of these include:
- Scan pens
- Mechanical pencils
- Highlighter Pens
- Personal items such as jewellery, hats, neckties, bands, jackets, scarves, cufflinks, combs, etc., are not allowed at the testing centre.
- Leaving the test centre prior to the completion of the exam is not allowed.
- Having food in the test area is not allowed.
- Creating a disruptive environment is completely prohibited.
The TOEFL test is a high-standard exam that serves as a ticket for gaining entrance to a prestigious college or university of your choice in any country across the world. The majority of the universities that are ranked high in the preference list by academically brilliant students for higher studies give great value to the results of the TOEFL test during the admission process. Hopefully, this guide on the TOEFL reschedule process, and the amount of the TOEFL reschedule fee has helped you with the uncertainty looming in your mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many times can the TOEFL test be rescheduled?
An applicant may retake the exam as many times as they desire, but when it comes to rescheduling, a call to the administration office must be made. However, 1-2 times is easily acceptable.
Is there a fee waiver for the TOEFL exam?
There is no application fee reduction for the TOEFL exam.
Which test is easier: IELTS or TOEFL?
Both IELTS and TOEFL are basic English proficiency tests. The majority of the test takers consider IELTS an easier test in comparison to TOEFL.
What is a good TOEFL score?
An average TOEFL score is approximately 90 out of 120. Anything above 100 is considered a good score for the TOEFL exam.