Australia is one of the most popular destinations among Indian students due to its quality, research facilities, affordable tuition fees, and ample job opportunities. If one wishes to study in Australia, he or she can turn to Australian scholarships for Indian students meant to ease their financial burden. This blog will discuss the eligibility criteria and application process for Australian Scholarships For International Students. Keep reading to know more.
Top 5 Australian Scholarships For International Students
Australian universities and colleges provide numerous scholarships to deserving Indian students to help fund their studies. Furthermore, the Australian Government offers many bursaries, awards, and grants. Underlined below are some of the scholarships in Australia for Indian students:
|Name of the Scholarship||Description|
|Australian Awards||• This scholarship is funded by the Department of Education, the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, and the Department of Foreign Affairs. |
• It is provided for students pursuing their undergraduate and postgraduate education in Technical and Further Education Institutions.
• It covers tuition and accommodation fees, Overseas Student Health Cover, airfare and other living expenses.
• After completion of studies, scholars must return to India.
|Destination Australia||• This scholarship funds tertiary education providers in Australia to offer a scholarship to domestic and international students. |
• The award offered is up to $15,000, and funding is available annually, depending on one’s qualifications.
• This scholarship is funded by the Department of Education, Australia, aligned with the National Strategy of Education 2025.
|John Allwright Fellowship (JAF)||• Scientists from partner countries are provided scholarships to help them obtain postgraduate qualifications. |
• This applies to those individuals engaged in the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
|Australian Government Research & Training Program (AGRTP)||• The Australian Government funds this. |
• It covers an individual’s three-year tuition fees and health insurance.
• It is meant to support a student’s Doctorate and Master’s degree.
|Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Award||• This applies to those pursuing postgraduate and PhD programs. |
• This scholarship covers tuition fees, a travel allowance of $AUD 3,000 and a monthly stipend of $AUD 3,000 for two years for PG and four years for PhD.
• Moreover, health & travel insurance are also covered.
Scholarships of Australian Universities
Furthermore, most universities have Australian scholarships for Indian students as well. They are listed down below:
Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
The University of Sydney encourages students to apply for the International Research Scholarship. However, they must be pursuing a Postgraduate or Master’s program at the same university. It will cover one’s tuition and accommodation fees for up to three years. The amount awarded is $AUD 10,000 annually. Furthermore, it is renewable if an individual maintains satisfactory grades.
Macquarie Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarships by Macquarie University
This study in Australia with scholarship is applicable for those pursuing PG and Masters courses such as Engineering, Linguistics, Medicine, Environment and Education. Although this is not renewable, candidates will be awarded around $AUD 10,000 for their tuition fee. However, to be eligible for scholarships for Indian students to study in Australia, one must have an acceptance letter. In addition, they should have a GPA of 3.0.
Melbourne International Research Scholarships
Candidates pursuing graduation can apply for these scholarships to study in Australia. Under its gambit, tuition, accommodation, relocation and health insurance will be covered. Candidates must be international students and should have completed a tertiary degree. It must be equivalent to a 4-year degree course in Australian Universities. Furthermore, they must have applied for Master’s or Doctor’s research degrees. Lastly, they must not have used for or should have completed any research degree before the application.
Adelaide Scholarships International
The University of Adelaide offers several scholarships in Australia to those students who wish to pursue their Doctorate or Master’s. However, candidates must meet the set English language proficiency and hold a first-class degree to be eligible.
La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
These scholarships in Australia are available for undergraduates and Masters. In addition, one can avail of around a 20% deduction on the tuition fee. The award amount may be varying and can receive up to $AUD 10,000 to $AUD 20,000. However, one must be pursuing any of these courses:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Archaeology
- Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences
- Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Biosciences
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Biological Sciences
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science with Honours
- Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Agribusiness)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Business (Event Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Event Management/Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Sports Development and Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Hospitality)
- Bachelor of Business Analytics
- Bachelor of Business Information Systems
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of International Relations
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Creative Arts
- Bachelor of Creative Arts with Honours
- Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of Criminology/Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Criminology/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Graduate Certificate of Archaeology
- Graduate Certificate in Community Planning and Development
- Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Management
- Graduate Certificate in International Development
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations
- Graduate Certificate of Professional Archaeology
- Graduate Certificate of Strategic Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
- Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics
- Graduate Diploma in Communication (Journalism Innovation)
- Juris Doctor
- Master of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
- Master of Biotechnology Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)
- Master of Business Administration and Master of Health Administration
- Master of Business Analytics
- Master of Business Information Management and Systems
- Master of Chemical Sciences
CSIRO Data61 Scholarship Program
One pursuing a PhD can apply for this scholarship. Under its gambit, there are two awards- Data61 PhD Scholarship and Data61 top-up scholarship. However, it is valid for 3.5 years only.
Australian Embassy Scholarships
The Australian Embassy offers scholarships for Indian students in Australia pursuing undergraduate, Master’s, PhD and MBA programs. However, the application must be made through the universities named below. They are the University of Western Australia, Monash University, University of Sydney, University of Adelaide, University of New South Wales, University of Queensland, Macquire University, Bond University, University of Melbourne and Australian National University. Moreover, candidates must have an excellent academic score & possess leadership skills to be considered eligible.
Now that one knows Australian scholarships for Indian students, one must start applying. First, however, one must be updated with the deadlines beforehand. For more detailed information contact LeapScholar Study Abroad experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the IELTS Score Required for Scholarships?
Candidates must obtain 6.5 in IELTS to avail scholarships.
2. Is Australia expensive for international students?
No, it is economical, and one can avail a number of scholarships for international students.